Historical Perspectives on Finance
One-day workshop in honour of Charles Hickson, 25 June 2009
- John Turner and Wenwen Zhan (QUB), 'Property Rights and Competing for the Affections of Demos: The Impact of the 1867 Reform Act on Stock Prices'
- Fabio Braggion (Tilburg University), 'Mergers and Acquisitions in British Banking: Forty Years of Evidence from 1885 until 1925'
- Qing Ye (QUB), 'The Asset Pricing Anomalies in 19th-century Britain'
- Marc Deloof (University of Antwerp), 'Business Elites, Political Connections and Economic Entrenchment: Evidence from Belgium 1858-1865 and 1905-1909'
- Gareth Campbell (QUB), 'The Dividend Mania: Stock Prices and Dividends during the Railway Mania'
- Carsten Burhop (Max Planck Institute), 'The Underpricing of Initial Public Offerings in Imperial Germany, 1870-96'