Historical Perspectives on Business, Economics and Finance
One-day workshop, 23 June 2011
- Gerhard Kling (University of Southampton), 'The Equity Risk Premium in Japan and Germany, 1870 – 1913'
- Christopher Coyle (QUB), 'The Great Reversal of the UK Corporate Debt Market: Law, Politics and Financial Development'
- Matthias Beck (University of York), 'Financial Segmentation and Crisis: Alternative Explanations of the Glass Steagall Act'
- Gerben Bakker (LSE), 'Quantifying Path Dependence: Standards in Software/Hardware Systems, 1873 – 2000'
- Luke Samy (Oxford University), 'House and Rent Price Indices for London 1895-1939'
- Clive Walker (QUB), 'The Media in a Mania: Newspaper Coverage of the British Railway Mania'